Thursday, June 19, 2008

Check gas prices tomorrow morning ... and the excuses

The price of a barrel of oil dropped by $4 today. Now if the opposite had happened, we would have experienced higher gas prices by evening. But my nearby, local gas station still had its price at $3.99 per gallon.

What gives?

I'll give the station owner a little time to adapt. But I expect the price to be at $3.95 per gallon tomorrow morning. If it's not, I'm going inside the station to ask why. You should do the same at your favorite place to get gas. The $3.99 ceiling was set about two weeks ago when the price of a barrel of oil rose $11 in one day.

I still believe the conspiracy behind higher gas prices just isn't with oil companies, although they do own some gas stations. Others are owned by regional and local franchises. And they've used every daily rise in the price of a barrel of oil to hike prices by evening. The reverse just doesn't seem to happen with the same regularity.

So by tomorrow morning, the price of a gallon of gas should be noticably lower where you live. If it's not, ask why and e-mail me the answer so we can compare excuses. E-mail me at timchavez787@yahoo.com.

We need to break up this conspiracy. And it needs to start at the local level.

No comments: