Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cool Springs Galleria had a rousing Black Friday

Friday found me stranded with my friends at the Goodyear Cool Springs location getting my old car fixed yet again.

So I decided to walk across the street to test out of the holiday shopping crowds at a time that experts are telling us this nation is headed into the worst buying season in 40 years.

I found a sight that should make local governments depending on sales tax collections very happy. The place was overrun. And shoppers were exiting with multiple plastic bags filled with goods.

So perhaps, at least here in Williamson County, the shopping season will be merrier. And thankfully, crowds here know how to control themselves and not trample people like the poor Walmart worker killed on Long Island by a shopper stampede.

No comments: