Friday, January 30, 2009

A message from my friend battling the economic hard times; he is surviving thanks to grit and God

I have written for a couple of months about a friend of mine from Williamson County who has had to survive the current economic downturn while maintaining his faith in God and sustaining his family.

He is a hero. And I am proud to know him. I offer his continuing comments as a public service to help others. God is most proud of him. He is of you, too, for fighting the good fight. Keep hoping.

I just wanted to check in and say hello.

I just commented on your blog about the Governor's cuts to higher education.

I am sick over this.

Thanks for your work for the students with the computers. That is great news about the increased traffic on the blog! I truly believe your blog is going to turn into a very powerful tool (voice) soon.

I spent the night at my church a couple of weeks ago with the homeless as part of Room at the Inn by our Sunday School class. I know how you feel about this part of God's flock and just wanted to let you know.

We are still hanging in there. Thanks again.

P.S. Please note the email change. AT&T has bludgeoned my Bellsouth account into submission. I have heard many horror stories from people who have had difficult dealings with AT&T since they took over Bellsouth. I am no exception. There is nothing like being kicked when you're down.

No comments: