Monday, January 19, 2009

Williamson Herald has broadened my reach; get your subscriptions now because you ain't seen nothing yet; go to www.williamsonherald.com

I got a response from a chronic Tennessean apologist who told me that my new job with the Williamson Herald in Franklin would mean nothing since nobody reads it.

And as always, anyone associated with The Tennessean is wrong when it comes to knowing what readers want and what they will do.

My Feedburner stats now shows almost 100 regular readers of my blog, now tied to the Herald, and 25 hits each 90 minutes.

Wow! Thank you, Williamson Herald. A lot of people hate to subscribe and support The Tennessean because of its political bias on its news pages. They like Williamson A.M., its supplement, but they've seen its quality and quantity plummet. Advertisers are tired of being charged so a high rate.

Now there is a real alternative that will be improving with each edition. The Williamson Herald just needs your support as a community-owned newspaper battling the deep pockets of corporate journalism and WAM.

My blog now compliments the Herald in providing daily copy, original and taken from the top websites in the nation for political, social and health news.

We'll be do even more things as we prove that there are indeed people who love to read newspapers. They just want newspapers and journalists who love their values and what is important to them.

Go to www.williamsonherald.com for just that kind if respect.

And if you'd like for me to come out to organization, political group, business, classroom or place of worship to speak about what I write and listen to what you would like to read, drop me a line a timchavez787@yahoo.com.

I'll be up at Austin Peay in Clarksville Saturday giving a speech. The day before, I'll be at Bethpage Elementary School in Sumner County delivering some free computers in my mother's name.

But after that, I'm yours. So is the Herald. We want to earn your trust and give you your money's worth and more. We're of Tennessee -- not Detroit, New York or Rosslyn, Va. We go to church on Sundays, and we number our friends all across the county and Midstate.

Get us a try. We won't disappoint you. Most of all, we'll listen to what you want in a newspaper and a member of the community.

No comments: