Wednesday, October 15, 2008

'W' movie will be a must see for all Americans

If they can afford it, Americans who still have enough discretionary money to go to the movie theater should put "W" on their must-see list.

I got to see a clip last night on David Letterman, and it was riveting, funny and extremely tragic for this nation and the world at the same time. I'm not going to spoil the movie for you by going over the clip.

But as someone who has met and interviewed the president twice in the White House, actor Josh Brolin's portrayal is dead on.

The movie most of all will be educational. I will find no vindication in being proved right in my vigorous opposition to entering the Iraq war in my column when I wrote for The Tennessean. But I will find reassurance in an educated populace that no longer will allow a president and Congress send our men and women into harm's way for the wrong reason.


Director Oliver Stone -- often criticized for over-sensationalizing his portrayals of history on film -- cannot begin to offer any fantasy about this presidency and the Iraq war.

The truth is unbelieable enough.

No comments: