Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm no Ms. Cheap, but I do know bargains

I shop in the grocery stores almost every day to find bargains to save on our household budget. I can quote you milk and every price on food and whether it has gone up or down in the past month.

So when I see some really good bargains, I want to let readers know. At the Publix in Cool Springs, Jiff Peanut Butter is two for $4. Wow! Green Giant Young Tender Peas are 79 cents a can. That kicks Walmart's butt.

And non-hormone milk remains at $3.39 a gallon. Consistent and considerate to families. A five-pound bag of Russet potatoes are at $3.99 a bag. That's comparable to the other grocers. But Publix has the quality of produce in those potatoes that you can't get at Kroger's and Walmart.

Take advantage and save and still feed your family with quality food. And I'll search the other stores this week for bargains to recommend.

No comments: